-
Recover Linux boot menu
Hi,
I have installed the following OS in my system.
1. Windows 2000 Professional
2. Windows XP
3. Xandros 3.0
in the above said order, All the three OS were working fine.
Suddenly, My Windows XP crashed, so I re-installed the Windows XP.
Since WinXP has overwritten the MBR, I did not get the LILO menu
for entering Linux.
When I boot from Knoppix Linux Live CD, I could access the linux partition and the files are in place.
Please help me to recover linux (Installation of LILO in MBR to use all the three OS) so that I need not require Live CD.
Nandagopal
-
Assuming xandros lives on /dev/hda3 (adjust instructions accordingly otherwise), the following should work:
boot knoppix to command line using "knoppix 2" at the boot prompt
# mount /media/hda3
# chroot /media/hda3
(if the above succeeds)
# lilo -v
(pay attention to possible errors)