Help mounting FBSD partitions
I have inherited someone else's giant cluster F*&^ of a FBSD server and unfortunately, I can't change the server setup at this time. However, I REALLY need to connect an external hard drive to this server to copy a HUGE amount of data. I did this before by hiring a guy I know to help me with it and now I am lost.
I have been successful in booting to the Knoppix CD and getting to the "desktop". I can ping the external hard drive ok (which is a samba mountable drive). I see on the desktop an icon for a mount, but when I try to open it, it throws some error about not being able to mount the drive or something. I *think* this is the server's raid drive, though being such a noob, I am not sure.
Basically, the hard drive RAID is set up and has a LOT of data on it. One of the partitions is called usr2/. I need to get that freebsd partition mounted in order to start copying the data via the network.
Can anyone point me the right direction? I would appreciate any help I can get on this.
Another alternative would be for me to connect this external drive up to the Firewire connection, but it is a 400 GB windows format drive. Is it possible to connect this drive to firewire and mount it as a windows drive? If so, how?
Thank you all for your help!