SU Returned with ERROR in Root Shell
Hi,
I'm using Knoppix 5.1.1 and I installed it on my PC harddisk using the root shell by calling (knoppix-installer) command
Here comes my problem in steps:
I went to Shell Root > Typed SU (without any other thing)
Result: > "SU Returned with ERROR"
Now I can't open the Shell Root at all to do my work and whenever I try to open it I get the same error "SU Returned with ERROR" even after restarting. I also can't run applications under Knoppix category in the KMenu.
The question is: How can I recover so I can use the Root Shell?
Or
If I opt to re-install Knoppix can you guide me to a way that allow me to re-install it?
Re: SU Returned with ERROR in Root Shell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Student
I'm using Knoppix 5.1.1 and I installed it on my PC harddisk .....
Please see answer #2.
Re: SU Returned with ERROR in Root Shell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Student
... I also can't run applications under Knoppix category in the KMenu....
Does this imply that you can run *some* other applications from the KMenu, i.e. that you do have the KDE desktop ?
If so, then this thread may help: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...577&highlight=
(otherwise you may have a more fundamental problem with your installation, in which case we would need a more detailed description of the steps that you achieved in your installation process).