070417-0514: Memtest continues
Well that test has been running for just over 14 hours now. I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever stop.
In the final row it says:
Cached 1015m / RsvdMem 8924K MemMap e820-Std / Cache on / ECC off / Test Std / Pass 60 / Errors 0 / ECC Ers 0
Regards
John
Re: 070417-0514: Memtest continues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andavane
Well that test has been running for just over 14 hours now. I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever stop.
It stops if the power goes off or if you stop it. Otherwise it loops. You seem to have made 60 passes already. I can't quite tell which options you used, there are some agressive tests that you can opt-in or out of, but it does seem like your memory is fine.
Re: 070417-0514: Memtest continues and comletes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
It stops if the power goes off or if you stop it. Otherwise it loops. You seem to have made 60 passes already. I can't quite tell which options you used, there are some agressive tests that you can opt-in or out of, but it does seem like your memory is fine.
Well, Sir, with 22 and a half hours on the clock, with 96 passes, this news certainly comes as a blessed relief. I was beginning to doubt my sanity watching all this :?
I think that for all intents and purposes we can assume that the memory is fine.
You'd think, that some sort of information might be given out as to what the test-cycle entails... :x
Anyway, most grateful for the info. I shall now take great pleasure in hitting that "Esc" button.
Kind regards,
John