I have installed knoppix on my harddrive and keep getting a SU returned with an error box when i try to run programs from KDE task bar Knoppix and some other configuration files
I am new to linux and would appreciate any help
thankyou
Printable View
I have installed knoppix on my harddrive and keep getting a SU returned with an error box when i try to run programs from KDE task bar Knoppix and some other configuration files
I am new to linux and would appreciate any help
thankyou
Putting " SU error " into the forum Search box would soon direct you to threads such as this ;)
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...light=su+error
This happens because you're not allowed to run X (graphics) apps as root.Quote:
Originally Posted by GAZ
This is a 'debian policy' for security.
You can anyway log in kde as root booting in single user mode (text mode), and then run 'startx'.