yes indeed, but you have a "fix"
well, this kind of problem is the very same I have as soon I'd have a try with this new 5.1.1 version.
And it seems to be a problem fluorished right after the 5.0.1version.
My configuration is an AMD 64x2 on ASUS motherboard with chipset nForce4, graphic card nVidia 6800 GS, mouse either a PS/2 or USB Logitech.
As a matter of fact any version (even the 4.0.2, the one is running now), WORKS FLAWLESSLY WITH ANY MOUSE.
That's why I'll stick with my precious 5.0.1.
If you'll get no reply, try the 5.0.1 version. I'm sure it'll works for you (google with "sw+knoppix+5.0.1" and select the first entry, it's an EN ver...).
cheers
:?
Same problem, Logitech USB Marble Mouse
The default driver works, but the mouse is way skittish, and Knoppix 3.4 found the right driver (worked fine!). :?
HatGuy
Re: Same problem, Logitech USB Marble Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatGuy
The default driver works, but the mouse is way skittish, and Knoppix 3.4 found the right driver (worked fine!). :?
HatGuy
You mean you are able to see the mouse cursor once the Konqueror is opened?
To me appears at the very beginning a "bouncing" mouse cursor, then it disappears...
By the way yes, 3.4 and 3.8 both work fine and all the versions right before 5.1.
It seems nothing but a bug in KDE, I guess
Re: Same problem, Logitech USB Marble Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by marques
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatGuy
The default driver works, but the mouse is way skittish, and Knoppix 3.4 found the right driver (worked fine!). :?
HatGuy
You mean you are able to see the mouse cursor once the Konqueror is opened?
Everything works as you would expect, in Konqueror and all other windows, except that the mouse jumps and bounces unpredictably.
PS/2 Mouse still not working!
I have tried:
boot: knoppix nowheelmouse pci=irqmask=0x0e98
along with a PS/2 (2 Button) mouse & a PS/2 (3 button) mouse and none of them are detected.
My Compaq 1672 touchpad with left/right buttons are the only thing that will make the cursor move.
Help me get my mouse working, please!
Larry.