Fonts in KDE/X, any expert here ?
Hi,
Does anyone know how I can tell KDE to use an alternative font search sequence for a specific encoding ?
What I have is a situation like this, the default setting now works beautifully for me, but only in western encoding. If visit a Chinese web page which doesn't specify a specific font but only the encoding, the default bitmap font(comes with XFree86) is used which even though is correct(thanks to the XFree86 team for that), looks extremely ugly because of the size issue. I have at the same time installed some TTF that looks much better but KDE(or may be X) some how don't want to use it as it feels satisfied with the situation(you give me an encoding and I find that in the default font, so I stop). I would like to tell it that "if you see chinese encoding, start your search list from TTF first", is that possible ?