How can I use NFS in Knoppix 5.1?
I want to share directory between 2 knoppix systems.
I think that I didn't make any mistakes, but the problem was always happening.
First, I edited /etc/exports like this.
/home/knoppix 192.168.1.*(ro)
and I started portmap and nfs-kernel-server, and I checked showmount was OK.
I added the line allowing connect to portmap to /etc/hosts.allow
but whenever I tried to mount NFS, 'mount failed, reason given by server : permission denied' error message was kicked.
I tried to solve the problem, search and search.... So I tried /etc/exports like this.
/ramdisk/home/knoppix *(ro,no_root_squash)
and connected to localhost like this.
# mount -t nfs 127.0.0.1:/ramdisk/home/knoppix /mnt/nfs
but the same error occured.
How can I solve it?
--
大逆戰
Re: How can I use NFS in Knoppix 5.1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunSmoke
I want to share directory between 2 knoppix systems.
I think that I didn't make any mistakes, but the problem was always happening.
First, I edited /etc/exports like this.
/home/knoppix 192.168.1.*(ro)
and I started portmap and nfs-kernel-server, and I checked showmount was OK.
I added the line allowing connect to portmap to /etc/hosts.allow
but whenever I tried to mount NFS, 'mount failed, reason given by server : permission denied' error message was kicked.
I tried to solve the problem, search and search.... So I tried /etc/exports like this.
/ramdisk/home/knoppix *(ro,no_root_squash)
and connected to localhost like this.
# mount -t nfs 127.0.0.1:/ramdisk/home/knoppix /mnt/nfs
but the same error occured.
How can I solve it?
--
大逆戰
Assume your master machine is 192.168.1.101 and the client machine is 192.168.1.102
From the master machine 192.168.1.101, please try out the following entry in the /etc/exports instead of the "/home/knoppix 192.168.1.*(ro)"
Code:
/home/knoppix 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0(ro)
Edit the master server /etc/hosts.deny file,
delete the lineand save the file
Edit the master server /etc/hosts.allow file
change the line
Code:
ALL : ALL@ALL : DENY
to
Code:
ALL : 192.168.1. LOCAL : ALLOW
and save the file
On the master machine, issue the command
Code:
$ sudo /etc/init.d/openbsd-inetd restart
From the client machine 192.168.1.102, run the following command
Code:
$ sudo mount 192.168.1.101:/home/knoppix /media/nfs
Rgds,
Chip
Re: How can I use NFS in Knoppix 5.1?
Dear all,
Got emails requesting more details on this topic, just created a detail step by step Q&A on the Wifi page.
Please check out the Q7 from the below link for detail
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ
Happy New Year to everybody
Rgds,
Chip