Originally Posted by grandad
Well I have to say, you guy's really are a tremendous help. After what you have told me, I am not so worried now about the UFO's lying there on my desktop. I would rather they were not there as they appear to serve no purpose, except to make the desktop look cluttered. I like the KDE desktop and it serves my needs fine. I wonder if there is a way for me to post a picture showing the desktop and the UFO's? This might help others who may not have encountered the phenomina.
Just installed another 1GB of memory. My Optiplex GX260 can only support 2GB, but now I should be able to run Knoppix in RAM. That will possibly speed things up for me. I am getting to know Knoppix more every day and am more than satisfied with it. Have no intention of turning to another distro. Thanks again for being so kind. Regards Grandad Walt. :lol: