-
Rural Internet Kiosks
Hi
I am currently in Nairobi on a VSO (Voluntary Service Overseas) placement as Adaptive Technology Trainer with the Kenyan Society for the Blind and collaborating with the RIK (Rural Internet Kiosk) project. I have been looking into developing a Linux based setup suitable for people with visual impairments. It is early days in the project and we are still considering different options but Knoppix 6.0 is very impressive.
-
Hi Pete, and welcome to the forum. After checking RIK out, I have edited your link to make it live.
All the best with the project.
-
Greeting Pete Cheer
You many want to consider
http://kabook.sourceforge.net/
KABOOK an audiobook mp3 player
for all listeners, audio learners, dyslectic,
low vision, and blind.
It works with linux and KNOPPIX DVD 5.3.1
It can work with Knoppix 6.0 but it
requires special configuration and not
yet recommended.
Best Wishes, (to you and your good work)
paradocs