I can't see my Scsi scanner on a Tekram 315
Hi
I spent days trying to enable my Agfa 1236S scanner on my Tekram 315 board.
I fact, I guess tha the Scsi board is not active, and I dont know how to enable it.
I found drivers on Tekram website, but only for 395 :-(
I an using Linux Knoppix 3.2 (based on Debian Woody) www.knoppix.org
I tryed Kurt's script :
--
root@athlon:/home/knoppix/Drivers/Scsi# sh rescan-scsi-bus.sh
Host adapter 0 (ide-scsi) found.
Scanning for device 0 0 0 0 ...
OLD: Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
Vendor: YAMAHA Model: CRW-F1E Rev: 1.0d
Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Scanning for device 0 0 1 0 ...
OLD: Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
Vendor: PIONEER Model: DVD-ROM DVD-117 Rev: 1.07
Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 02
0 new device(s) found.
0 device(s) removed.
--
But both my CD-RW and DVD-Rom are IDE, not Scsi.
And I can see nothing in /dev/scsi
I am a bit new in Linux, and I begin to lose hope... :cry:
Could you help ?
Thanks,
TOM.
PS : I'd also like to work my Pinnacle 1394 Firewire borad for a camcorder, but this is another story...
Re: I can't see my Scsi scanner on a Tekram 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM
I spent days trying to enable my Agfa 1236S scanner on my Tekram 315 board.
It will likely never happen that way. When I Googled this scanner I came up with the line that scares me: "requires open ISA slot". Did this unit come with its own SCSI adapter? In that case, it's likely that it was a cheap Adaptec "clone" ISA card -- I ran into this same problem with my Sceptre/Kinpo SCSI scanner, it would only "talk" to Adaptec-compatible cards -- I wound up getting a cheap, used Adaptec AHA-2930 card for about $20; the 2940 series is a bit more, but compatible. The Tekram cards use the NCR chipset and are NOT compatible. The fact that the CD-ROM is recognized (but not the scanner) indicates this. The notice to this effect was buried in the instruction book.
Here's a suggestion to all who read this -- please put at least your country of origin in your profile. The answer to some of these questions often hinge on which part of the world you're from. TOM, if you live in the U.S., please post the FCC ID number from your scanner, and I can help further (we can identify the OEM, among other things).
RE: I can't see my Scsi scanner on a Tekram 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM
I spent days trying to enable my Agfa 1236S scanner on my Tekram 315 board.
I must reiterate my earlier post: a Tekram SCSI controller will NEVER(!!!) see your Agfa scanner! Further checking supports my earlier conclusion that the scanner requires an Adaptec-compatible adapter, which Tekram controllers are NOT. It would appear that it uses the same interface chip that my Kinpo scanner does. See my last post for the best Adaptec match to your Tekram card.