I seem to have broken a Live CD
Maybe I do not have enough knowledge to do what I am attempting ...
I had been running Ubuntu for 6 months - hardware failure.
I hoped to use Knoppix to recover Open Office work.
I put Knoppix 6.0.1 onto my son's old pc from the attic. This has WinME and a "restore" function in hda1, while Windows and all usual files are on hda2. Hda1 is quite invisible in Windows.
As I was beginning to get the hang of knoppix, but before deliberately creating a persisting image and before properly reading the manual, I tried to import to Iceweasel bookmarks from a Firefox backup (json)
This stalled Iceweasel. Every time I restarted Iceweasel the system would stall, requiring pulling the plug on it. I wanted to read online Knoppix documentation from Knoppix - not possible.
I came to the conclusion that hidden .mozilla files are on hda1.
I tried first to rename them, then delete them - no improvement.
Eventually I deleted (all this in graphical) all of home file. (Which I thought was residing on hda1).
Now the live CD will not load - it stalls as above. I think I have failed to action a shutdown since the import.
Any ideas?
With thanks,
Iain