How to remove packages from Knoppix without breaking the whole system.
Hello,
I'm trying to make a slim remastered version of Knoppix 6.2. I need to have only few features,such as Dosemu and few others. I don't need the graphic part at all,Dosemu should works on the Command Line Interface. Although I've removed many packages such as Java and OpenOffice, the ISO image created is too big,it is almost 600 MB. I would like to reduce it to about 300 MB. If I remove the wrong packages,the system will not work properly. Can you explain how to make a safe streamlining ? These are the commands I give to make the iso :
rm -rf /mnt/linux/knx/source/KNOPPIX/.rr_moved
mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" -publisher "KNOPPIX www.knoppix.net" \
-hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /mnt/linux/knx/source/KNOPPIX \
| nice -5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/linux/knx/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
cd /mnt/linux/knx/master
find -type f -not -name sha1sums -not -name boot.cat -not -name isolinux.bin \
-exec sha1sum '{}' \; > KNOPPIX/sha1sums
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \
-boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat \
-hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/linux/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/linux/knx/master