Trouble making USB Install
Hi!
I wanted to give Knoppix a go as a portable OS. But so far no luck! A pity, really, as it looks so cool from the live USB I made.
What I was trying to do was use a persistent install of Knoppix on a USB flash drive. I was using a live install USB that I made with UNebootin. Everything seemed okay at first. However, when I made the live install on a 16GB USB drive and then tried to make the available space on the flash drive available for data change (persistence) and encrypted (can't be too careful, eh?), not only did it take a long time, it didn't boot up properly after that. And when I tried to install Knoppix on a flash drive from one of the menus, when I tried booting from that flash drive, I got the sound-only version.
I'm sure I must be missing something that's almost obvious.
Anyway, since I can't seem to figure it out on my own :( I thought I better see if anyone here can help me with this. And I'm sure someone here can! :cool:
Anyway, what I would like to do is this: I would like to have Knoppix running as the OS from a 16GB flash drive. With /home/ encrypted in case I lose the flash drive and any personal information on it.
I would also like to know if it's possible to have Knoppix as a portable OS on a USD-HDD. I am thinking of a 320GB USB-HDD, with a partition (80GB for OS, and 240 for data storage). Can anyone tell me how I might go about any of this.
Thanks in advance, eh?