possible to format partition as reiserfs during hdinstall?
As the subject line says.
Is it possible to format a partition as reiserfs during hard disk install?
If not, it seems problematic.. 'cause one would have to boot into
Linux to run mkfs.reiserfs (as someone else recommended) wouldn't one?
I think the best way to do this might be to boot off the 3.2 CD, remount the hard disks as rw, run mkfs.reiserfs on all the partitions, and then remount the partions ro (or just reboot) and then do the hd_install?
But I suppose my question is that some elements of Knoppix depend on the HD, right? Maybe just the swap so if I leave the swap partition alone I'm ok? The rest of Knoppix runs off a combo of CD and ramdisk?
thanks for any clarification,
Stefan
Re: possible to format partition as reiserfs during hdinstal
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan_isaacs
As the subject line says.
Is it possible to format a partition as reiserfs during hard disk install?
thanks for any clarification,
Stefan
Sure it is.
What option number on cfdisk?
Hellooo I'm a total newbie here....
what's the option number in cfdisk for Journalised FS , ext3, & Reiser FS
thx
-Ronald-
Re: What option number on cfdisk?
--As mentioned above, you only need to make sure your "target" partitions are type 83, with at least 1 partition of 128-500Meg being type 82(swap.) The type of filesystem that then goes on that partition is selected later on, at a different point in the script.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron4ld
Hellooo I'm a total newbie here....
what's the option number in cfdisk for Journalised FS , ext3, & Reiser FS
thx
-Ronald-