Fonts to small and my default lang is not what it should be
I have a couple of problems / challanges with Knoppix. I Installed Knoppix to the hard drive. I believe it was the march or april release.
1. The mose annoying problem is with KDE. I'm running 1024x768 and the fonts are some small I care hardly read them. Not all fonts are this way. The fonts under the desktop icons are just fine as are the fonts in the directory listing and the terminal sessions. The font's I'm having the most trouble with are the fonts associated with mozilla. The fonts on the address line are so small I can hardly read them and I haven't found where I can change the size of these fonts. Also the fonts with in evolution mail program are small all over I have to zoom in on every note I want to read as the text fonts are to small.
2. The second problem is Knoppix thinking I'm German. when I did the install to the hard drive I booted with LANG=us. But now a lot of apps seem to think my langage of choice is German and sometimes French. Where / what do I need to chagne so my default lang for all apps is English?
Thanks
Mike M.
Re: Fonts to small and my default lang is not what it should
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchester
I have a couple of problems / challanges with Knoppix. I Installed Knoppix to the hard drive. I believe it was the march or april release.
Uhhh...well that could be any number of releases actually. I would recommend using the latest which is 6-6-03. Oh and for future reference- try to be specific with any questions or it makes it rather difficult to help you.
Quote:
1. The mose annoying problem is with KDE. I'm running 1024x768 and the fonts are some small I care hardly read them. Not all fonts are this way. The fonts under the desktop icons are just fine as are the fonts in the directory listing and the terminal sessions. The font's I'm having the most trouble with are the fonts associated with mozilla. The fonts on the address line are so small I can hardly read them and I haven't found where I can change the size of these fonts. Also the fonts with in evolution mail program are small all over I have to zoom in on every note I want to read as the text fonts are to small.
Kmenu>Setting>ControlCenter
Quote:
2. The second problem is Knoppix thinking I'm German. when I did the install to the hard drive I booted with LANG=us. But now a lot of apps seem to think my langage of choice is German and sometimes French. Where / what do I need to chagne so my default lang for all apps is English?
Do a search- read the documentation (link on top of the page) this has all been answered before. There are posts and/or how-to's on how to change your fonts, your keyboard layout, etc.