DisplayLink USB adapter - can only seem to use it with mplayer
Hi all,
Just fiddling with a displaylink usb adapter, and knoppix 7.2 detects it fine, and comes up with a green display on the monitor (which is good). However, I can't seem to get it to work as an extra monitor under xorg. If I specify it all by itself in an xorg.conf file, I can get xorg to come up on that monitor. Trying to add it as another screen with any other video card in xorg.conf seems to ignore it completely.
Code:
Section "Monitor"
Identifier "DisplayLinkMonitor"
EndSection
Section "Device"
Identifier "DisplayLinkDevice"
Driver "fbdev"
BusID "USB"
Option "fbdev" "/dev/fb2"
EndSection
Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "DisplayLinkDevice"
Monitor "DisplayLinkMonitor"
DefaultDepth 16
EndSection
Oh well, I guess I'll have to be content with playing videos on it with mplayer like so:
Code:
mplayer somefile.mp4 -vo fbdev:/dev/fb2
mplayer somefile.mp4 -vo fbdev:/dev/fb2 -zoom -x 1024 -y 768
mplayer somefile.mp4 -vo fbdev2:/dev/fb2