Prob with ISP connexion in hd-install ver. 3.2 06-06-03?
I posted that I was not able to connect to the internet over a dialup line to my ISP with a hd install of Knoppix-3.2 060603 in the networking forum a few days ago. Since, I have continued to troubleshoot this prob, but a few minutes ago a respondent (in another forum) recommended I try running from the Live CD.
I write this to you from the same ver. running off the CD. It connects fine. When installed to the hard disk, though, it's broken, as my previous posts describe, so I decided to cross-post here, too, if I may.
I notice that /etc/resolv.conflict is now correctly filled in with the dynamic DNS my ISP provides; this is emphatically NOT SO in the hdinstall, where the orig /etc/resolv.conflict was empty, and no corrections in it would bring KPPP, wvdial or pon to connect.
Any hints on how I might fix the hd installed version? Copy which files to the hdinstall?
I quite like Knoppix and running from the hard disk is SO MUCH faster.
Neverr mind -- bad CD burn: file sizes diff. Sorry!
The Subject says it all. Although I did a MD5 sum check on the ISO I downloaded, I copied the ISO from one hard disk to another, then installed the target hard disk on a new box, burned the ISO, but didn't notice a filesize mismatch between the target ISO and the source. 16+ MB are missing! Damn Windows!
But I digress. This was not Knoppix' problem. It was all mine.