Knoppix 2 Harddrive or Debian 3.0 r1?
I have decided to install Linux on my new system, thanx to Knoppix .
Question is, I have read somewhere that installing the O.S. off of the Knoppix C.D. to your harddrive is unstable errr something... So should I just download and install the latest Debian?
Oh and if installing from Knoppix is not a problem, then how would I go about doing that?
Thanks to all of the helpful people on this board :o
Re: Knoppix 2 Harddrive or Debian 3.0 r1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaacav2
I have decided to install Linux on my new system, thanx to Knoppix .
Question is, I have read somewhere that installing the O.S. off of the Knoppix C.D. to your harddrive is unstable errr something... So should I just download and install the latest Debian?
Thanks to all of the helpful people on this board :o
You would be using the testing/unstable sources which are used for the CD. Do not let the "unstable" scare you Debian unstable or SID (still in developement) is far more stable than most operating systems that claim to be stable. I personally have been using it for months with few problems mostly just annoyances with the systems setup.
Quote:
Oh and if installing from Knoppix is not a problem, then how would I go about doing that?
See the here.