HDbased knoppix:Unable to determine video adapter
Hi there,
Problem with HD based knoppix... :?
all based on doc from http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdBasedHowTo
When I come to the point of creating the lilo system on the harddisk (using the line lilo -C /boot/lilo.conf) I get the error :
Warning: Unable to determine video adapter in use in the present system.
I am working with an EPIA motherboard V8000 (with integrated vga).
Booting normally with knoppix cd =>no problem
I got ext3 partition of 720Mb on first part of harddisk (so HDA1)
This is my lilo.conf :
lba32
boot=/dev/hda
install=/boot/boot-menu.b
backup=/dev/null
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
default=Knoppix
image=/boot/vmlinuz
append="lang=be ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init initrd=miniroot.gz nomce apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix"
root=/dev/hda1
label="Knoppix"
read-only
initrd=/boot/miniroot.gz
I've done this HDbased knoppix before and succeeded (on another old celeron based config),but on this EPIA with integrated video it refuses to create lilo .
Help or suggestions on this would really be appreciated.... :roll: