Asus problem still active?
I still have the same problem on my Asus 2400N (summer 2004)! acpi=off is needed! Also I have a problem with the intel-soundcard. Although it seems to be recognized as the intel 810 it does't work. So doesn't the modem!
I wounder that it is said that the debian-project works fine with this Asus-Laptop... - even the winmodem on the soundcard !
What do I have to do to patch my Knoppix - and how can I manage it ?
I have good experience to work with Knoppix at a dhcp-network. It really works great and simple!
Greetings to the Knoppix-comunity!
Re: Asus problem still active?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnik
I still have the same problem on my Asus 2400N (summer 2004)!
Hello! I just want to say that I could fix the first problem: Linux is starting with acpi now! - Sound is now working as well. 8)
Asus has released newer versions for the Bios (http://www.asus.com) / Notebooks / M2N / Download
It is working for all Asus M2N Laptops. - I just didn't recognize. It helps a lot... The last BIOS-version seems to be of august 2004. The name is M2n0208a.zip and it contains the M2n0208a.rom.
What I still don't have is the LinModem working...
This has to wait ... I wounder if there is a Debian-package for the Asus-notebooks ?
Greetings!
Sputnik.