-
boot on ibm thinkpad t20
Hello!
I have an ibm thinkpad t20 with PIII 700Mhz, 128Mb ram, 10Gb hd and a pcmcia cdrom device; my O.S. is winMe.
I made the floppy boot image but I need, if it's possible, to load kernel from pcmcia cdrom or from a copy of knoppix cd, I made on my hd.
So my question is:
exist a knoppix cheat that could load vmlinuz from my pcmcia cdrom where i put the knoppix live-cd or from a copy of that on my hd?
Thanx to everyBody!! :D
-
a possible anwser
hi....sorry for my english.....i'm chilean.
I has win98se and don't understan much about linux, because i have a win2 solutions.
- First, with a program call "disk img" or something like that, create a .img from a diskette, who contains 2 files...one, a program call loadlin (200 kb maybe), second, the file "vmlinuz" who is located in "/" or "/boot/" in linux partition. Then with cd-burner aplication creat a boot cd with the .img file.
Then when you start with this cd....just in DOS mode do.
d:\loadlin vmlinuz_file root=/dev/hdXX (where XX is your disk and partition)
i make this with lilo.....
once you are in linux
like ROOT make a lilo -v to apply and this is all.
good luck