Resizing FAT 32 with Qtparted - hdinstall problem
I'm trying to free up enough disk space to knx=hdinstall on a 30G drive by resizing my FAT32 primary using Qtparted.
When I start qtpartted from the root shell:
Error: \BOOTLOG.PRV is 63k, but it has 5 clusters (80k).
And when I try a resize operation Qtparted reports:
An error happen during ped_file_system_open_call
and reloads the disk info.
BTW - how to capture command output for display in a post - retyping is a drag.
Re: Resizing FAT 32 with Qtparted - hdinstall problem
--Same thing happened to me on an old Toshiba laptop with a 4-gig drive. Since I'm selling the laptop anyway I just flamed the drive clean and started over.
--I think the Mandrake install disks let you resize, but haven't done it myself. (I use Partition Magic.)
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/ftp.php3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminotti
I'm trying to free up enough disk space to knx=hdinstall on a 30G drive by resizing my FAT32 primary using Qtparted.
When I start qtpartted from the root shell:
Error: \BOOTLOG.PRV is 63k, but it has 5 clusters (80k).
And when I try a resize operation Qtparted reports:
An error happen during ped_file_system_open_call
and reloads the disk info.
BTW - how to capture command output for display in a post - retyping is a drag.