password problem(keyboard?) in knx-hdinstall
Just installed Knoppix 3.2 (2003-07-26) EN. Beautiful, congratulations! (I already had experience with a previous version).
One problem - but same as last time - when I set up my passwords in knx-hdinstall I like to use some special characters. When I try to log in when the installation is complete, they are no longer recognised. I suspect that knx-hdinstall thinks I have a German keyboard, while the installed knoppix knows I have a US-English keyboard.
Re: password problem(keyboard?) in knx-hdinstall
Quote:
Originally Posted by gill1109
Just installed Knoppix 3.2 (2003-07-26) EN. Beautiful, congratulations! (I already had experience with a previous version).
One problem - but same as last time - when I set up my passwords in knx-hdinstall I like to use some special characters. When I try to log in when the installation is complete, they are no longer recognised. I suspect that knx-hdinstall thinks I have a German keyboard, while the installed knoppix knows I have a US-English keyboard.
Either that or you choose a pasword longer than 8 characters if this is the case then try the first 8 characters of the password and it should work. Also the special characters work fine in my passwords.
Re: password problem(keyboard?) in knx-hdinstall
Quote:
Originally Posted by gill1109
Just installed Knoppix 3.2 (2003-07-26) EN. Beautiful, congratulations! (I already had experience with a previous version).
One problem - but same as last time - when I set up my passwords in knx-hdinstall I like to use some special characters. When I try to log in when the installation is complete, they are no longer recognised. I suspect that knx-hdinstall thinks I have a German keyboard, while the installed knoppix knows I have a US-English keyboard.
can't you login at all?
if you can get in just go to the settings and change the type of the keyboard... type your pw maybe it wil work maybe it won't...
just try
Re: password problem(keyboard?) in knx-hdinstall
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoolander
can't you login at all?
if you can get in just go to the settings and change the type of the keyboard... type your pw maybe it wil work maybe it won't...
just try
Well, what I did was to reboot with "knoppix single" (I use GRUB and one can easily modify the boot commands on the fly) so that I could simply re-enter passwords with "passwd" for knoppix and root. And these worked fine thereafter.
But it remains a mystery. The first knoppix I tried was definitely a bit confused as to language (or I was confused, since one has to fix BOTH the keyboard AND the language KDE uses). I just have to try again sometime, making sure that Knoppix Live also knows what language AND what keyboard I have.