Hard disk icons not created on desktop nor fstab
I have been using 06-06 and 07-26 on my desktop computer without problems, but on my Toshiba laptop 07-26 is not able to boot. It hangs on creating /etc/fstab. With the dma cheatcode it starts up ok but it does not see hard disk partitions of any kind. I can not mount them manually either. Is there any way to boot successfully this version on this kind of hardware? I have seen posts with problems like this but with no answer. Thank you. :shock:
Re: Hard disk icons not created on desktop nor fstab
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottod
I have been using 06-06 and 07-26 on my desktop computer without problems, but on my Toshiba laptop 07-26 is not able to boot.
Have you tried booting the 6-6-03 version on your laptop? What hardware in the laptop?
Quote:
It hangs on creating /etc/fstab. With the dma cheatcode it starts up ok
Are you using dma or the nodma cheatcode?
Quote:
but it does not see hard disk partitions of any kind. I can not mount them manually either. Is there any way to boot successfully this version on this kind of hardware? I have seen posts with problems like this but with no answer. Thank you. :shock:
Exactly how are you trying to mount the hard drives? From the CLI?