Hi I have just got a Knoppix CD and it installs fine up to finding all my devices etc and then the screen goes blank. Can anyone help?
Printable View
Hi I have just got a Knoppix CD and it installs fine up to finding all my devices etc and then the screen goes blank. Can anyone help?
Did you check the md5sum before burning the disc? If so boot like this:
knoppix testcd
It should return something like: "everything looks ok here". If that works then you have a good cd, if not..........
What kind of video card are you using? There are also cheat codes for video cards- check the docs section.
I have problems like this with some monitors. Try this at the boot prompt:
screen=800x600
I just got the cd and mine does about the same. Gets to a box with Knoppix 3.2 and a couple icons on the bottom, one that looks like a gear is flashing. Below the box it says "initializing system services". Thats it. nothing happens and the machine seems locked up.
Mine also does this. Loads uo then gos to the blank screen. Then my sound gets all messed up it keeps saying initializing...initializing...initializing...initi alizing...initializing...initializing...initializi ng...initializing...
But it might also have somethign to do with the fact that I get an error at beginning of startup. It says error: only 1 processor found
is normal, but matters not a jot. It does look like these systems need cheatcodes.Quote:
error: only 1 processor found
Can U 3 tell what systems (souncards, video cards, mobos) you're using? Maybe someone with one of those can give you an idea? :wink: [/quote]
try the command knoppix xmodule=nv
i had the same prob and it helps :wink:
IM NOT SURE MY MOTHER BOARD TYPE BUT IT IS A ATHLON XP 2400+ WITH BUILT ON SAVAGE3D GRAPHICS. hOWEVER I GOT A GEFORCE FX INSTALLED ALSO.
I got it to work with cheat codes. Thank you for all the great help. It is appreciated.