Re: 10BaseT problem on 3c900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis
The silly thing: It states 10base2 even if I insert in modules.conf:
====
options eth0 debug=1 options=0 full_duplex=1
====
What can I do else?
You should not be putting the line in modules.conf it should be put in either it's own file in /etc/modutils or in /etc/modutils/aliases and the line does not look like it is correct to set my card for full-duplex I use this in the aliases file.
Code:
# Added by me for network card full duplex
alias eth0 tulip
options tulip options=4
This forces the tulip driver to use the full duplex settings you should be doing similar for your cards module (3c59x IIRC).
You can also check in /etc/network/interfaces to make sure that you have the settings right for the gateway and that the module for the card is actually loaded and in use.
Re: 10BaseT problem on 3c900
Thanx for your answer!
I will look after the files you statet.
The options will depend on what the driver does recognize, so the paramters of tulip and 3c59x are not comparable.
The module is loaded.
Re: 10BaseT problem on 3c900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis
The options will depend on what the driver does recognize, so the paramters of tulip and 3c59x are not comparable.
The module is loaded.
The options would be different for each driver you should look in the docs for the module for the correct settings. The module is loaded but is it in use?
Re: 10BaseT problem on 3c900
Now it is running! It was that nasty little "eth0" in the options stament where i had to use the name of the module instead!
Thanx a lot again, for this solution after hours of stupid experimenting!
I also inserted it into /etc/modutils/aliases now
Re: 10BaseT problem on 3c900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis
Now it is running! It was that nasty little "eth0" in the options stament where i had to use the name of the module instead!
Thanx a lot again, for this solution after hours of stupid experimenting!
I also inserted it into /etc/modutils/aliases now
I just noticed I forgot to tell you to run update-modules as root, you are supposed to do that to update the modules.conf after making changes in the files. Good to hear you got it going BTW.