What programs are on the Knoppix CD
Is there a posted list of what programs are on the Knoppix CD and
what they do? I have Knoppix installed on my HD and its working
great but I don't know what most of
the programs are. I'm bad about
screwing things up so before I start
running programs I thought I would
ask. Thanks, kenny
Re: What programs are on the Knoppix CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickorynut01
Is there a posted list of what programs are on the Knoppix CD and
what they do? I have Knoppix installed on my HD and its working
great but I don't know what most of
the programs are. I'm bad about
screwing things up so before I start
running programs I thought I would
ask. Thanks, kenny
On the mirror where you get the ISO image there is a packages.txt which always contains a list of the packages included. If you want to check from the HD you could apt-cache show package_name for a brief description in a console window and as always Google Linux works well for all things about linux.