Re: "netcardconfig" problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajgadhari
hello friends,
i am doing remastering of knoppix cd, i am adding some network audit tools to it, while configuring network card and giving ip addresses , it does not ping to my gw ( network card is realtek8139), but when i "chroot" the copied knoppix on my harddisk, i am not able to run "netcardconfig" it gives me error like this :-
"cat: /proc/net/dev : No such file or directory"
Xdialog : Error initializing the GUI ....
Do you run under X11 with GTK+ v1.2.0+ installed ?
so pls give me the solution for this , its very urgent
thanking u
chroot /dev/hdx?
mount -t proc /proc proc
Then hopefully you are able to use netcardconfig For me, instead of selecting DHCP as I normally would I selected 'no' and simply entered the info manually. Not sure why I had to do that or even why it worked but it did. :) Then after you have an ip address, to get X to work you need to do this:
#DISPLAY=yourip:0.0
#export DISPLAY
Then you need to put a copy of a working XF86Config-4 into your chroot /etc/X11.
HTH