Can't use modem while connected to LAN????
Hi there,
Here's my problem:
I am using a laptop. Sometimes I connect that laptop to my home LAN with an ethernet card. Sometimes I use the modem to connect to earthlink and access the internet. I cannot use both at the same time. If I am connected to the LAN and get an address with pump then the modem will dial and connect to earthlink, get an address, and sit there like it is ready to go. However, nothing gets routed out through the ppp link. If I am not connected to the LAN and put in my ethernet card and get a dhcp address with pump while online, my link to the internet goes dead. What do I have to do to allow me to dial up while connected to the LAN. I have been looking for a solution to this for a long time. How do I keep the ppp link open to routing?