-
regarding usb adsl modem
hi,
i have a usb adsl modem(based on globespan chipset) on my hdinstall. i used eciadsl usermode driver. but, it stalls at step 3, saying failed to synchronize. i have tried all the 33-34 bin files though.has anybody successfully used that driver. is this error specific to knoppix or any other distro. :(
-
I use eci driver with knoppix installed on my hd. None problems with this driver.
The 0.8 release (deb package also) it's really great and I use just the default syncronization file.
Some times it happens to fail sync but after a usb REPLUG (did you do it?) and restart everything is fine.
If you don't find a solution try to download an old release of eci, inside you will find a script (ecidoctor.sh if I remenber well). It's more "clever" then startmodem and sometimes, it resolve everything.
bye
-
hi,
thanx for the reply. my modem is xentrix 7005q, based on globespan chipset. whats yours? hopefully they're the same!?
:)