http://www.kde-look.org/content/pics/8371-1.png
Printable View
Uhhhh- yeah that's.......nice......... Was there some reason for posting a screenshot?
could you please post instructions how you set up nvidia binary driver to work from cd with autodetection?
this has been answered with a nice how-to. use the forum's searchfunction to find it (i'm too lazy to do it for you, and why should I have to?)
search on "nvidia live drivers" or something like that... you'll find it easy...
interesting ... I've tried searching and only found how to install nvidia-gfx-drivers while running from CD. No instructions about modifying knoppix autodetection scripts to automaticly use nvidia instead of nv driver.
Could you please be so kind and point me to the correct thread?
That would be nice. I just use the install-on-demand scripts for ati and nvidia in my remaster, Overclockix. I've incorporated mplayer, openoffice 1.1, ogle, xcdrecord, opera, and mozilla-firebird as well as customized desktop settings, and java, flash, and mplayer plugins for the broswers. I really haven't tested the driver install scripts, and I am aware of some small bugs...
Mine is based off of Knoppix 3.2 06-06 though. I probably won't have any time to build a 3.3 version of it until towards the end of the year.
http://overclockix.octeams.com/snapshot5.jpg
hmmm, I remember there was a thread about that one also, in hd-install. but you can also download the from-cd-script, it will give an error, and then automatically download the right script for you thats how I did it ;-)Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghandalfar
This 2 screenshot is running from cd,in next days is avaliable for download... :D
Multilingual,only need install kde-i18n and koffice-18n in your language
dpkg-reconfigure locales and unlock 45xsession
Drivers nvidia are in .gz install under demand from cd and after hd install
http://www.kde-look.org/content/pics/8399-1.png
Here is a preview of KDE 3.2 there a many features.
- Splash screen modify
- Konqueror improvments
- Shadowing, transparency
http://home.comcast.net/~wnelsonjr/snapshot1.png
I run KDE CVS for some time, it is really cool... things like transparant kicker, but also the just-a-few-days-ago introduced options for windows (fullscreen, without borders etc) are really usefull. Pitty it is quite buggy sometimes ;)
the worst thing running CVS is that you wont see much improvements when the final version is out :evil:
anyway, using the KDE CVS repository its very easy to use CVS, you dont have to compile it yourself. are u guys using that?