I was wondering if it was possibile to have a dial up modem dialing to the net via knoppix
wayne
Printable View
I was wondering if it was possibile to have a dial up modem dialing to the net via knoppix
wayne
Yes. I can't remember the correct menu option (internet -> dialup on kde I think), but you can find a modem dialer in the menus, which will bring up kppp. You then create an account (naming phone numbers, dns servers etc, or for some isps you can use a wizard), hit connect, and away you go
Cheers,
Ross Clement.
Easiest way is to run pppconfig (enter your details) then pon (to connect) poff (to hang up).
doesnt recognise any modems
wayne
Ah, what modem do you have? An lspci should give you a good clue. You then need to try and find out whether it's a WinModem or not (chances are it is) and see if there is a driver for it. (Or buy a "proper" external serial modem).Quote:
Originally Posted by waynejkruse10
a conexant hcf v90 internal fax modem which i have the windows drivers for
wayne
"hcf" means win-modem, which means it is not a "real" modem, it is a card missing most of the hardware that makes a modem so it uses software to emulate a modem, therefore you will need to find linux win-modem drivers for your modem, or replace it with a true hardware modem. I do know that some win-modems have linux drivers available.
~rock
Go check out linmodems.org. I'm sure your modem is supported with one of the drivers there.
what about printers
wayne