Freeze probing SCSI on wd7000.o
I've been trying to run a L.A.S. Linux and Knoppix 3.3 on my Toshiba Portege 3505 with a Noteworthy PCMCIA DVD drive. In each case, the boot process stalls on probing SCSI - wd7000.o.
I've tried using the NOSCSI cheat, but it seems that the drive is accessed through SCSI emulation.
Since this laptop is used for work, I don't have the option of installing Linux to the hard drive. The machine doesn't have a floppy drive either. Is there anyway that I can run Knoppix from the CD drive on this machine?
Re: Freeze probing SCSI on wd7000.o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmboot
I've tried using the NOSCSI cheat, but it seems that the drive is accessed through SCSI emulation.
Booting w/ noscsi does not have any realtion to scsi emulation. Go ahead and boot w/ the noscsi cheat code. I always do anyway if there are no real scsi devices present on the system.