and another no boot problem
Ive burned Knoppix to a cd and it works fine on other peoples computers. But when I try to boot it on mine, it just hangs at the point where it says "configuring periferals" where that little wrench is blinking. To give further background to this problem, I also had a friend install Mandrake linux on my comp in a second harddrive(I currently have that hd shut down), and it would also hang when booting at one of the configuration steps, but it would boot up fine when I would take my computer to someone elses house. So I have people telling me its a network card problem or something. So when I tried to run Knoppix again, I unplugged all my periferal connections including my network connection to my outboard cable modem, and it still wont boot. I appreciate any help that can be offered on this problem, thanks.