if I have 2003-09-22 release cd, may I upgrade it to current?
without dowload full cd.
Printable View
if I have 2003-09-22 release cd, may I upgrade it to current?
without dowload full cd.
just update the sources.list in /etc/apt/ with the source you would like to use for the upgrade.
run:
#apt-get update
#apt-get upgrade
and you have a current Debian system
for lists of sources refer to www.debian.org and www.apt-get.org
PS: # indicate terminal run as root/su
It about current debian. Need update to current knoppix.
me too. :)Quote:
Originally Posted by snoobot
and some other newbee questions:
why are theese iso's not zip'ed rar'ed or ace'ed ?
this would save a lot of traffic ?
snipping the downloads to smaller parts would also make the download more comfortable.
ever compress a compressed file? doesn't work so well
at 700MB "not so well" could mean several hours . :wink: :P 8)
and on the other side there would be a crc to proofe the download was correct.
i have serveral error message that could mean knoppix isn't that good, but the only reason for them is gozilla which messed up the download somewhere i can't identify. :? :( :cry:
use the .md5 checksum, with an MD5 checker to ensure your downloads are intact. :wink:
no need to check - i know it is broken. :)
the only thing i can do is reloading the whole 700MB. :evil: :twisted: :evil: