Hi,
At university all the machines have bios password. Short of removeing the cover and disconnecting the battery, is there a utility to reboot and
start from CD. I seem to remember BeOS being able to do that.
Thanks
Paddy
Printable View
Hi,
At university all the machines have bios password. Short of removeing the cover and disconnecting the battery, is there a utility to reboot and
start from CD. I seem to remember BeOS being able to do that.
Thanks
Paddy
It is possible, but I seriously suggest you rethink the idea and consider what would happen to your academic career should you be caught running a CD that has the possiblity of giving you some root privileges on your school network without permission. I know exactly what would happen to someone caught doing that on my network and it isn't pretty.
If you can boot from floppy SmartBootManager should do.