thank you all for the help, it is greatly appreciated
Printable View
thank you all for the help, it is greatly appreciated
option?Quote:
Originally Posted by nachral
You want a solid answer to a vague question.Quote:
but i am concerned that many of these progs will become unavailable to me when i make the complete switch to linux...is this a concern? i am not interested in ambiguous explanations, but would love to hear some solid answers yes or no,
The only way I know of to find out is to be specific as to which apps you are referring to. Look here and here and you may find what you're looking for.Quote:
or if these problems are patchable/non-existent, as it will play a major role in my decisin. i do not play video games but download a lot of mp3's...what do u guys think?
did not mean to ask stupid questions, thank you for all of your help
Of all the apps mentioned I am only unsure of 2. You can use GAIM or other clients to connect not only to yahoo but also msn, aol, gadu-gadu, jabber and more. The anti-virus/trojan/spyware/wormguard isn't a concern in Linux. This is OSS (open source software), not freeware that installs a little something extra whether you like it or not. ;)Quote:
Originally Posted by nachral
You can spend the time it normally takes for those activites to learn Linux instead.
I have no idea what purgeie or creative labs media player (although I can take a guess on the former). If purgeie is "purge internt explorer" then there are no worries about that here. As far as media players are concerned there are many but I have no idea how they compare to creative labs.