Lilo setup improperly on multi-hard drive setup, how to fix?
Hi all. I did a HDD install to hdb. I created a 100mb boot partition on hdb1, a 1024mb swap partition on hdb2, and the root partition comprising the rest of the disk on hdb3. During the sudo knx-hdinstall, Lilo was auto-setup on hda's MBR. This is not a problem, but it was setup improperly. hda1, for the record, is Win2k FAT32. It boots Windows OK but not Linux. The default option, Linux, tries to boot Knoppix and fails.
How do I fix that?
Re: Lilo setup improperly on multi-hard drive setup, how to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kethinov
Hi all. I did a HDD install to hdb. I created a 100mb boot partition on hdb1, a 1024mb swap partition on hdb2, and the root partition comprising the rest of the disk on hdb3. During the sudo knx-hdinstall, Lilo was auto-setup on hda's MBR. This is not a problem, but it was setup improperly. hda1, for the record, is Win2k FAT32. It boots Windows OK but not Linux. The default option, Linux, tries to boot Knoppix and fails.
How do I fix that?
Boot the Knoppix CD and open a console window (clam shell icon on the taskbar) then sudo mount /dev/hdb3 /mnt/hdb3 and post the /mnt/hdb3/etc/lilo.conf here so we can see it. You can also try at the lilo screen just start typing root=/dev/hdb3 then hit enter you may have to put Linux or whatever the lilo screen displays to boot knoppix in front of the root= line.