I have a toshiba tecra 8000 laptop with yamaha audio. For some reason, when i'm running knoppix i can't get any sound to play. is there some setting i can tweak to make it work? Thanks in advance for any help. :D
Printable View
I have a toshiba tecra 8000 laptop with yamaha audio. For some reason, when i'm running knoppix i can't get any sound to play. is there some setting i can tweak to make it work? Thanks in advance for any help. :D
try 'knoppix alsa' at the boot prompt.
You didn't really give that much information on your sound card, so I couldn't check to see if it was supported.
her'es my aida 32 report on my audio device.
--------[ Windows Audio ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
midi-in.0 0001 0067 Yamaha MPU-401
midi-out.0 0001 0066 Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth
midi-out.1 0001 0066 Yamaha FM Synthesizer
midi-out.2 0001 0066 Yamaha MPU-401
mixer.0 0001 0068 Yamaha Audio
wave-in.0 0001 0065 Yamaha Audio
wave-out.0 0001 0064 Yamaha Audio
Might try:
sudo modprobe opl3sa2
There are other threads for the toshiba/yamaha sound issue if you search for them.
This thread may help.Quote:
Originally Posted by jman1288