Error when using dd to backup HD to external NTFS formatted.
I get the error "NTFS: Cannot handle saving inode 0xNN" when backing up a hard drive to a NTFS volume. Is this because of the NTFS issue with Linux or is something else haywire? THis error occurs when I use the dd command and I have only noticed it to happen when I start the process.
First, please tell me what this error means and then how to prevent it.
Writing to an NTFS partition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdong
yikes! DO NOT try to write to an NTFS partition under Linux!!
You can RUIN THE VOLUME very easily!
You can only write to a NTFS partition if you don't change the file size (i.e. cloop image)
Does that mean that I can write a file to an NTFS partition, but that I shouldn't try to manipulate and/or change the file with Linux?