-
graphics error?
when i booted off the knoppix cd it worked till it started up "x11". when that started i saw what i think was the operating system but there were lines all over the place. it looked like this " ///\\\/\//" it's kinda hard to explain but basicly the graphics were screwed up
i have an nvidia geforce 4 ti4200 128 meg and when it is still in command line booting up it detects it.
if anyone knows how to solve this plz reply..
thanks
(btw i am a linux newbie, i have never used it before)
-
I had a similar problem on my system. The problem turned out to be that the ancient computer monitor that I'm using requires a much lower horizontal sync value than what Knoppix uses by default. My boot command looks like this: knoppix-txt screen=800x600 hsync=39 Check out the cheat codes page on this site if you haven't already.
-
I had a similar problem on my system. The problem turned out to be that the ancient computer monitor that I'm using requires a much lower horizontal sync value than what Knoppix uses by default. My boot command looks like this: knoppix-txt screen=800x600 hsync=39 Check out the cheat codes page on this site if you haven't already.