Small USB/camera problem.
When I was running knoppix from the CD on my Dell 2300 I could plug in my Kodak DX6340 camera into the front USB and it worked great.
I was also running a USB mouse at the same time as the camera and they both worked fine.
Now that I have done a HD install I can not seem to get the camera to work.
My usb mouse still works fine, but it will not auto detect my camera like it did when I was running knoppix from the CD.
I went into setting, control center and manualy put the camera in, but it still will not work.
BTW: I can go to system, info center and try to view my usb devices and I just get a blank screen on the right half.
It use to show my USB devices fine when I was running knoppix from the CD.
I have done some searching and tried a couple of differant things, but just can't seem to get the camera to work.
What else could I try?
Thanks,
Re: Small USB/camera problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydie
When I was running knoppix from the CD on my Dell 2300 I could plug in my Kodak DX6340 camera into the front USB and it worked great.
I was also running a USB mouse at the same time as the camera and they both worked fine.
Now that I have done a HD install I can not seem to get the camera to work.
My usb mouse still works fine, but it will not auto detect my camera like it did when I was running knoppix from the CD.
I went into setting, control center and manualy put the camera in, but it still will not work.
BTW: I can go to system, info center and try to view my usb devices and I just get a blank screen on the right half.
It use to show my USB devices fine when I was running knoppix from the CD.
I have done some searching and tried a couple of differant things, but just can't seem to get the camera to work.
What else could I try?
Thanks,
Edit the file /etc/fstab and add this line:
Code:
none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
For so stupid reason this is left out when knoppix is installed to the HD.