Is it possible to apt-get Real Audio for Knoppix?
Also, I've downloaded the bin file but can't get it to run, any ideas how?
thanks
Printable View
Is it possible to apt-get Real Audio for Knoppix?
Also, I've downloaded the bin file but can't get it to run, any ideas how?
thanks
I think Kano has a script to install it.
On the last page of the download site you can find the commands for installing Real pl.
When ur download is finished dont close the last page of the Realsite.
U need the .bin file NOT the .rpm file of the player.
Got the script and downloaded it, made it so I could run it.Quote:
Originally Posted by champagnemojo
Once I ran the script, I got a few errors:
I downloaded this to /tmp directory.Code:cp: cannot stat `rpm/usr/*': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `../../lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/drv4.so.6.0': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `../../lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs/rv40.so.6.0': No such file or directory
to start open a new console, then: realplay
to use the realplayer plugin start mozilla from console.
cmmiller@probot:/tmp$ realplay
bash: realplay: command not found
Also when running find / -name real, I could not locate it and trying a few websites with mozilla that offer streaming real audio I was not able to get the stream as well.
thanks
You're right, that script doesn't work anymore. I needed to install it anyways, so I'll tell you how I did it.
First, get the rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm file from the real.com website. Don't change the name and remember where it's located.
Then get THIS file. Install this deb file and it will ask you where the file above is located. Tell it, and then it'll be installed. Sorry about pointing you to an out-dated script before.
Rock On!Quote:
Originally Posted by champagnemojo
That worked, thanks...