How to configure my Belkin wireless card
Hi there,
I got knoppix v3.3 running on my dell latitude cpi and i want to be able to use my belkin network card. Unfortunately it doesnt seem to recognise it from the bootable OS. Can anyone give me some pointers as to how to configure it? When i type cardctl status it shows the card is there in socket 0. Broadcom i think it calls it...
But when i do the lwcardconfig it cays no card found! Help!!
Thanks, Kevin.
BTW i am completely new to this whole thing, so any info will be great.
Re: How to configure my Belkin wireless card
Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnork00
I got knoppix v3.3 running on my dell latitude cpi and i want to be able to use my belkin network card.....
The normal Belkin wired 10/100 card should configure itself just fine at boot time, assuming you have a router with DHCP enabled. Wired cards are a different issue, the card and chip makers are keeping lots of things secret and not releasing many decent Linux drivers, so Linux support is spotty. Of 4 wireless interfaces I have (I don't even count the worthless UBS junk), only one has worked for me under Knoppix. But that one was a Belkin 802.11b card. Even there you might have a Belkin 802.11b card with a different chipset, so there are no gaurantees here. But my Belkin card did not work with 3.3, a very old release. It finally started working at either 3.8 or 3.9 (I forget which). So the first thing I would suggest is upgrade to the current Knoppix and try again. Or just use a wired NIC.