Where to find .deb files to rebuild Knoppix?
Hi,
I just recently installed some new packages and got into a dependency problem, and so accidentally installed some older XFree86 packages.
So now I want to reinstall the original files that I had before. The problem is that the xlibmesa-gl-dev package is version 4.3.0-0ds4 and this package is no longer available at the original APT repository that served it out. Instead the author recommends that you use other packages moved to debian.org, but they have a different version number.
So is there anywhere I can download 4.3.0-0ds4 packages? Is there a server somewhere that stores a copy of each package that Knoppix was built from?
The problem I have right now is I can't repair my system because the .deb files have been taken offline, and so now my system is sort of screwed and I don't really want to reinstall everything.
Thanks for your help,
Wayne
Re: Where to find .deb files to rebuild Knoppix?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinmith
Hi,
I just recently installed some new packages and got into a dependency problem, and so accidentally installed some older XFree86 packages.
So now I want to reinstall the original files that I had before. The problem is that the xlibmesa-gl-dev package is version 4.3.0-0ds4 and this package is no longer available at the original APT repository that served it out. Instead the author recommends that you use other packages moved to debian.org, but they have a different version number.
So is there anywhere I can download 4.3.0-0ds4 packages? Is there a server somewhere that stores a copy of each package that Knoppix was built from?
The problem I have right now is I can't repair my system because the .deb files have been taken offline, and so now my system is sort of screwed and I don't really want to reinstall everything.
Thanks for your help,
Wayne
If you have not cleaned the /var/cache/apt/archives and had installed before the packages were moved from that location and had done an apt-get update/upgrade then the packages that were downloaded are still in the archive directory. You would change to the archives directory and use dpkg -i whole_bunch_of_packages to install them.