PLEASE HELP!!XServer starts with Screen going haywire
Hi:
I wanted to try Gnoppix; I am posting here hopefully you can this question.
Knoppix works fine; It recognizes Trident video card and calls for Xfree(vesa) Everything works fine.
But when I use Gnoppix it recognizes the video card as trident GUI and use Xfree(trident) and the screen at the end of load up is with a llot of horizontal lines streaming and I cannot use the desktop.
How can I solve this problem.> OS is Win2k Pentium 400 Mhz.
Also, is it poissible to get Gnome desktop intead of KDE on Knoppix.
Thanks for your help.
Art
Re: PLEASE HELP!!XServer starts with Screen going haywire
Quote:
Originally Posted by art
Hi:
I wanted to try Gnoppix; I am posting here hopefully you can this question.
Knoppix works fine; It recognizes Trident video card and calls for Xfree(vesa) Everything works fine.
But when I use Gnoppix it recognizes the video card as trident GUI and use Xfree(trident) and the screen at the end of load up is with a llot of horizontal lines streaming and I cannot use the desktop.
How can I solve this problem.> OS is Win2k Pentium 400 Mhz.
Also, is it poissible to get Gnome desktop intead of KDE on Knoppix.
Thanks for your help.
Art
You could use the cheat code xmodule=vesa when you boot to make it is using the same module and if you install knoppix to the HD you should be able to install most of gnome if the update has happened in testing/unstable.