Modifying /etc/lilo.conf for kernel upgrade
Hi all,
I just set about upgrading to kernel-2.6.0 via apt (apt-get install kernel-image-2.6.0-1-686) which seems to have installed fine, but barfed on modifying lilo.conf.
Lilo.conf currently reads as
default=Linux
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-xfs
label=Linux
initrd=/boot/initrd.gz
read-only
#...
I presume I can add this safely enough?
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.0-1-686
label=Linux-2.6.0-686
initrd=/boot/initrd
I haven't done this before, so simple confirmation that it's the right way would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: Modifying /etc/lilo.conf for kernel upgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet
Hi all,
I just set about upgrading to kernel-2.6.0 via apt (apt-get install kernel-image-2.6.0-1-686) which seems to have installed fine, but barfed on modifying lilo.conf.
Lilo.conf currently reads as
default=Linux
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-xfs
label=Linux
initrd=/boot/initrd.gz
read-only
#...
I presume I can add this safely enough?
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.0-1-686
label=Linux-2.6.0-686
initrd=/boot/initrd
I haven't done this before, so simple confirmation that it's the right way would be appreciated.
Thanks.
You may have to change the vga=791 in the file to vga=normal I'm not sure if the Debian kernels have the framebuffer enabled or not in the 2.6 kernels so if the screen goes blank when you boot this is what you should change.