-
Serial Kernel
I have build a 2.4.24 kernel with the serial console built-in, and have remastered my KNOPPIX CD to use isolinux. I have added "serial 1 9600" to my isolinux.cfg, and have added "console=ttyS1,9600n8" to the append line of all kernels. Also I have modified the inittab to put a serial console on ttyS0 and ttyS1. Isolinux on boot will output to serial, once the kernel is loaded I get no more output until getty is started by init and I am able to log in.
I need to be able to see what is going on during boot. Any ideas??
Thanks
Tim
-
If you can boot with the regular knoppix cd, just use "dmesg"!
-
Yes I could use dmesg, but I need the capability of seeing the boot processes through the serial port. The machine that will be using this remastered version will be headless and w/o a video card.