Knoppix 3.3 on HDD and 2.6.1 kernel
Anyone managed to succesfully boot a 2.6.1 kernel on a 19-Nov-2003 3.3 Knoppix distro installed on HDD ???
I have tried almost everything but upon booting when the process gets to fsck this fails (tried with both ReiserFs and ext3).
Thank you for any reply.
Bob
I am running kernel 2.6.1 with Knoppix 3.3
Yep.
I'm new to Linux myself and am having other problems, so I'm not sure I could be a whole lot of help.
I compiled the 2.6.1 kernel. I would hope you're not using a binary distribution, if so, that may be your problem.
I did have a problem booting on my first compile. I originally set things up on ReiserFS, but I seemed to have left support for it out of my kernel. So, I booted into the old kernel and recompiled. Then it worked fine.
I also had some issues with lilo, but it sounds like you're way beyond that.
It might help if you posted the errors that you get from fsck.
FYI - I'm on an AMD/nForce2 system, if that matters to you.